Hotel Camiral’s proximity to Girona makes it very easy to have a fun day trip exploring this beautiful and historical town. It only took us 20 minutes drive to find ourselves in the centre of the old town where we met our guide and embarked on a 2 hours walking tour. It was pouring down with rain the entire time, however, it didn’t stop us from admiring and climbing all the narrow streets, visiting museums and taking in the panoramic views. Girona is so beautiful and has so much to see that we decided to try and come back there again in the future.
- Girona was founded by Romans and it still strongly reflects in the architecture
- Some of the scenes from GAME OF THRONES were filmed in Girona and it’s now full of TV series fans coming here to see the locations. We saw quite few groups of men following the special route on their tablets and taking pictures, all of it accompanied by the GAME OF THRONES soundtrack.
- I found my new favourite starter meal in Girona. It’s their famous tomato bread, which is essentially a toasted ciabatta with olive oil, salt and grated (squeezed) fresh tomato on top. We had a lovely lunch in the town and they brought all those ingredients separately for us to make our own tomato bread. And I kept eating it through my entire stay in Catalunya.
- I found Girona to be very stylish and trendy. There are lots of stunning shops by local designers. They are big on interior design and fashion. Their cafes look very Instagrammable too.
- Girona isn’t that big in size but is big on good food and has two Michelin star restaurants.
And now, my favourite part of every trip – the food! There are few places to eat, snack and drink in Hotel Camiral, such as The Club House, 1477 restaurant, lounge and pool bar.
The food was fantastic! It looked innovative and modern while maintaining the traditions and flavours of the Catalunya region. We dined at 1477 restaurant and tried both their a la carte and tasting menus paired with the local wines. It was a beautiful culinary experience.
In the lounge bar, we had a gin tasting experience, which is a great way to prepare for dinner.
EXERCISE & RELAX
And then there was a tennis session with a coach which I filmed for my vlog that is coming soon, so stay tuned for that. And then there also was a lot of pool chill time, mostly on our last day though as that’s when the clouds cleared and the sun came out. But we did make sure that we don’t waste a single minute and chased every last sun ray that day before heading back to London.
Hope you guys enjoyed following this trip and thank you Hotel Camiral, PGA Catalunya Resort for having us. We had a great time!