Simple blue jeans and a white tee. You can leave it at just that or you might want to elevate them with an easy addition of understated heels and a blazer. Beige blazers are my favourite and I know that you guys are always on a hunt for one too. That’s why I will link a good selection of currently available choices below.
SHOP MY OUTFIT
* My Victoria Beckham blazer (click above) is on a big sale currently and sizes are still available. This is the blazer that Victoria wore at her last season’s London Fashion Week show.
Each piece of this outfit is a capsule wardrobe basic. None of the pieces are ‘trendy’ yet somehow they absolutely always are. That makes them a forever classic and a must in everyone’s closet.
Talking of classics, I wanted to mention my interest in promoting slow fashion lifestyle. What is it exactly?
SLOWW describes it as:
- Slow fashion slows down the pace of shopping and consumption to ask the deep (tough) questions.
- Slow fashion is a natural lifestyle choice.
- Slow fashion is conscious and mindful.
- Slow fashion is more timeless than trendy.
- Slow fashion takes a long-term view as opposed to the fast fashion short-term view.
- Slow fashion is about quality instead of quantity—garments that can last years or even a lifetime.
- Slow fashion is purposeful and intentional.
- Slow fashion is holistic and considers the whole product lifecycle.
- Slow fashion is sustainable and doesn’t view products as disposable.
- Slow fashion is ethical and looks at the connections between things—raw materials, the environment, human labor, etc.
I will soon write a separate post about what slow fashion means to me but this is a good start.
VICTORIA BECKHAM blazer
ROLAND MOURET heels